DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Goa College of Engineering, known popularly as GEC has seen glorious 50 years of its existence in the state of Goa.
- Civil Engg. Department is one of the oldest department of the college and started with the inception of the college.
- It is the First department to start a Registered students Association namely Association of Civil Engineering Students popularly known as ACES, First in generating revenue to the college, first in taking up large number of consultancy works, first in instituting PG programme and several other achievements uniquely.
- Department provided platform to showcase all activities related to students, faculty, alumni, industry, invited resource personnel and several other interactive programmes.
- Department had planned certain goals to achieve in tune with Vision and Mission statements of the college.
- We achieved certain goals namely; Starting a PG programme in Structural Engg, Starting research centre in the department and opening of Ph. D programmes
- Department is also active in having student chapters of ICI, FSAI and other professional bodies.
- Department also has IGS- Goa Chapter formulated and state-of-art laboratories and student internship programmes.
To impart high quality knowledge and skills to students in the field of Civil Engineering, encourage research, industry collaboration, consultancy and nurture human values and life skills
- M1: Impart knowledge and skill based training in Civil Engineering and allied fields.
- M2: Promote research and industrial collaboration and consultancy
- M3: Inculcate leadership qualities, human values, concerns for environment and society
- M4: Nurture innovation, smart concepts, entrepreneurship and resource management skills